The team is patiently waiting at Vinson Base Camp – the weather has not been cooperating and so far they have been unable to get a Twin Otter in to fly them out. I remain in Patriot Hills. The Iluyshyn is being held until our team is back from Vinson – but it seems unlikely that will happen today. Spirits remain good. Will keep you updated.

This is the steep headwall that rises up about 3,000 ft above Camp 2 and provides the passage to high camp. The base of the headwall is about 10,200 feet (3,100m). You can see small black dots on the right side of photo – this is a group of climbers making their way up.

The view from halfway up the headwall


Comments are closed

Register! Log in! Follow! Comment!

Welcome to the Test Your Limits trip blog. We look forward to sharing our adventures with you. To post a comment, please follow the instructions below:

a. Open the desired blog entry you wish to comment on.

b. Scroll down to the bottom of the post.

c. In order to leave a reply, you must LOG IN or REGISTER with a username and password.

d. Once you are logged in, a comment box will appear at the bottom of each blog post. Enter your reply here and post a comment.